ALA-Accredited Master's of Library Science, Texas
Denton, Texas December 1998
Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Southwestern
Georgetown, Texas May 1996
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas August 1999
- Provided reference assistance in academic library setting.
- Designed and implemented bibliographic instruction courses
on the use of the internet and various electronic databases.
- Participated in collection development in areas of Physics,
Chemistry, Agriculture, and Environmental Science.
- Designed web tutorials on the use of electronic databases and
Information Technology Demonstrator
Healthcare Informatics, University College Dublin
Dublin, Ireland January - June
- Planned and taught approximately 50 lab practicals for medical
students on the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and
web authoring tools.
- Instructed students on the use of on-line medical tutorials
and reference materials.
- Wrote and electronically published course material and tests
- Wrote, designed, and maintained various web sites on the UCD
intranet, including the Centre
for Healthcare Informatics web site and the Department
of Human Anatomy web site.
- Provided daily troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance assistance
in a Novell-based intranet of 100 Macintosh computers.
- Installed twelve new Macintosh G3 computers on the network.
Assistant Librarian [Grade II]
Law and Official Documents,
University College Dublin Libraries
Dublin, Ireland March - June
- Provided law students with print and electronic reference assistance.
- Assisted students with the use of CELEX and Eurostat online
- Handled circulation of the closed-stacks collection of official
- Acquired good knowledge of European law and government reference
Science & Technology Library Intern
Science & Technology Library,
University of North Texas
Denton, Texas September - December
- Assisted library patrons at the reference desk.
- Ordered and received interlibrary loan documents via electronic
- Assisted in the design, creation, and maintenance of library
- Selected and purchased $4,000 worth of new science reference
- Researched the acquisition of electronic encyclopaedias for
- Designed and taught user education courses on scientific database
Graduate Assistant to the Dean, Dr. Keith Swigger
School of Library and
Information Studies, Texas Woman's University
Denton, Texas May - December
- Assisted with draft of 1996 School of Library and Information
Studies Annual Report and presentation to Advisory Committee.
- Designed departmental displays and brochures for program publicity.
Blagg-Huey Library, Texas Woman's
Denton, Texas August 1997 -
- Verified bibliographic information for requested book and audiovisual
- Maintained and organized purchase order records and statistical
Teacher of Science
Memorial Middle School
Alice, Texas August 1996 - May
- Taught Life Science and Earth Science to 6th and 7th grade
HONORS & ACTIVITIES
- LISA Student Chapter (GLISA) - Texas Woman's University,
1997 - 98
- Member - Special Libraries Association, American Library Association
- Award - Outstanding Achievement as a United Interscholastic
League coach, 1997
SAAFEHOUSE of Huntsville
Huntsville, Texas September 1999-
- Worked with victims of domestic violence at the SAAFEHOUSE
- Provided counseling services on the SAAFEHOUSE hotline.
Botanic Library Volunteer
The National Botanic Gardens
Dublin, Ireland January - June
- Conducted a project to catalogue and classify photographic
- Assisted the librarian in a project to clean, reorganize, and
take inventory of the library's rare books collection.
- Hill walking, classical guitar, bird watching, computing, and